Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well... it's been a while

I know it's been a while but, here I am.  Yes, I'm still alive!  Things have been so crazy around here these past few months as we gear up for Dan's first deployment.  We're very close now and I promise to blog at least once a week while he's gone so I have somewhere to put my thoughts. 

So very shortly I will officially be facing our first deployment.  Dan is headed to Afghanistan until end of summer and I'm scared shit - I'm not gonna deny that.  I'm the girl who cries in the shower these days.  I'm scared out of my mind of what he's going to see/do/be around.  I'm scared to be a single mom and raise 2 kids.  I'm scared to live alone.  I'm scared of the unknown.  Mostly I'm scared of having to live everyday scared for my husband.    I'm prepared to sleep with my phone next to my pillow on the highest ringer possible, stalk the computer for emails or an IM,  and to keep the sound up on the computer just in case he manages to get on when I'm not in front of it. 

We're day by day preparing Johnathan for what's to come.  Even though he doesn't fully understand he does get that Daddy has to go away.  He's been very clingy and acting out these past couple days but,  kids are alot smarter than we think.  I think he also senses my nervousness and acts off of it.    For Christmas we got him and Joseph a Daddy Doll (for those of you who don't know what they are go to http://www.hugahero.com/ to check them out), made them a "Daddy Book" full of photos that Johnathan keeps by his bedside and we will look at it everynight or anytime he feels like he needs to "see" Daddy, and Dan recorded a recordable storybook for the boys with a special message at the end for them. 

I think we're as prepared as we can be for now.  So it's just one day at a time at this point until he leaves and then one day at a time once he's gone.  Hopefully the next few months fly by and that everything goes smoothly while he's gone - because c'mon Army Wives we all know shit always hits the fan as soon as they leave!  haha.  Never fails!  Wonder what I'm in for this time!  I just keep reminding myself that I'm alot stronger than I think I am and that we can and will get through this!!

Besides the pending deployment here's what's new with the Gulick clan.   Johnathan is in preschool and is learning alot.  He's fully potty trained, even at night! YES!!!!  He can sing his ABC's and is learning his colors (slowly but he's getting there!).  He is amazing with his brother - this kid has no patience for anything but when it comes to Joseph he has all the time in the world.  It's awesome!  He just has his 3rd birthday and let's everyone know he's now 3 haha.  Where did the time go!   Joseph is crawling and standing up and cruising all over the place!!  Holy Crap is he busy now!  He's saying "HI!" and just learned how to clap his hands.  It's adorable.  He's 8 months old already and seems to be doing things a hell of alot earlier than Johnathan did at this age!  But, guess he's gotta keep up with his big brother!   Dan is preparing to leave and has been amazing through it all and real understanding of my emotional breakdowns haha.   And as for me, I'm going back to college!!!  This is a HUGE step for me and I'm very excited about it.  I'm going to finish my degree in Paralegal Studies and I start next month!  Woot!

Sorry it was so long... it's been a long time since I've updated on here.  Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. Hello happy new year look forward to reading your posts newest follower http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete